Monday, January 9, 2012

And all since I turned 29...

Oh I have so much to tell... My life has been one big party the past several days. I turned 29 on the 4th and I feel like the party just ended... Wednesday night Prince Charming took me to dinner and we watched the KU game and had drinks with a few friends. Thursday night we had a dinner date at our friend Jeannie's house, he partner made home made fried chicken and mashed potatoes and corn on the cob... it was delicious... then Friday night, my cousin got tickets to a cage fight, I was skeptical, but my Prince wanted to check it out and it turned out to be a very fun night... I partied like I was 21... my cousin Chris, was the "Highlight" of the night however.... at one point I thought I was gonna pee myself... you see he is pretty redneck, but when three men who I am almost positive were related to the Clampetts, bearing maybe a few to many missing teeth walked thru our little circle, and cousin chris decided to start playing the air bango, complete with sound effects from mouth, it took everything in me not to pee myself... now I understand that it was rude of him... of course... but at that point in the evening, it was the best thing since drag queens discovered glitter... add cousin chris yelling "pow right to the kisser" ALL NIGHT LONG, anytime someone stepped foot in the ring, and you get the point... it was a night to remember for sure! That brings us to Saturday, Saturday morning our very dear friend Amy came to visit for a few days from Topeka... We spent the whole day catching up: talking, drinking coffee, and lots of smokey treats. That evening we had some more friends coming over to hang out, we dubbed it a coffeepot party, and so it was! I bet I drank 3 pots of coffee but had so much fun with friends... Yesterday was low key, Prince Charming had a visitor we were not welcoming to... when Aunt Flo decided to derail the baby train, but we are hopeful that we will have better juju next time...  Prince Charming has also been discussing starting her own sister blog, so that we can document both sides of the story... I am excited about that... I will let you know when she starts it...

No comments:

Post a Comment